Baptisms, Confirmation and Weddings
Baptisms, Confirmation, Weddings and Funerals – please contact Fr Richard or the Churchwardens.
Funerals, Burials and Interments
St Wulfran’s Churchyard – A Guide for Families
Who can be buried or have ashes interred in the Churchyard:
- Where the deceased had his or her principal place of residence in the Parish at the date of death.
- Where, at the date of death, the deceased was on the Church Electoral Roll.
- Where the deceased died in the Parish.
The PCC also permits burials in the following circumstances:
- Where the deceased had his or her principal place of residence in the Parish less than 10 years prior to the date of death and was a regular worshiper during their period of such residence.
- Where the deceased has been confirmed whilst attending St Wulfran’s Church and that Confirmation has been registered in the parish records.
- Where the burial is to be in an existing grave.
- Where the PCC has undertaken to provide a grave space to a former resident of the Parish who has been active in Church affairs.
There are others with close connections to the church who may be considered for burial at the discretion of our priest, subject to guidance from the PCC. Our priest or churchwardens will be happy to discuss this with you.
For details of the churchyard rules and guidance go to: https://stwulfrans.org.uk/churchyard-rules-for-families